RECIPE: Whole Food’s Sweetwater 420 Fondue
- 3 cups, shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 pound Gruyere shredded
- 1 rounded tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup SweetWater 420 Pale Ale
- 1 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- A few drops hot sauce or horseradish (optional)
- A few drops Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 420 Extra Pale Ale Bread (found at Whole Foods) – bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes.
Read More about Whole Food’s new Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale Bread – HERE
Combine cheeses in a bowl with flour. Add beer to a small pot and bring up to a bubble over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and add cheese in handfuls. Stir constantly, melting the cheese in batches. Stir in a figure-eight pattern with wooden spoon. When the cheese has been incorporated fully, stir in the mustard, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Hollow out the 420 Extra Pale Ale Bread to form a bread bowl. Pour the fondue into the bowl.
Make cubes from the leftover bread that was hollowed, dip cubes into the fondue and enjoy.
SweetWater 420 Extra Pale Ale